Infectious Disease Epidemiology

EPI 253 Fall 2019 (2 units)
Course Director: Meghan Morris, PhD, MPH
Assistant Professor
Department of Epidemiology & Biostatistics

OBJECTIVES

At the end of the course, scholars will be able to:

  • Use more specialized epidemiologic methods to design studies with infectious diseases as endpoints;
  • Critically evaluate the infectious disease epidemiology literature; and
  • Understand more advanced epidemiologic methods used to evaluate public health intervention programs designed to control infectious diseases of public health significance.
PREREQUISITES

Epidemiologic Methods (EPI 203). Exceptions to this prerequisite may be made with the consent of the Course Director, space permitting.

FACULTY
Course Director:

Meghan Morris, PhD, MPH
Phone: 415-597-9108
email: meghan.morris@ucsf.edu

Lecturers: Joelle Brown, PhD, MPH
email: brownj@globalhealth.ucsf.edu
 

George Rutherford, MD
email: grutherford@psg.ucsf.edu

FORMAT

Course content will be delivered through weekly seminars. These will take place on Mondays from 3:00 PM-5:00 PM, Sept. 17 through Dec. 3.

All course materials and handouts will be posted on the course's online syllabus.

MATERIALS

Readings will be provided and accessible through the course's online syllabus.

GRADING

The course is only offered on a satisfactory/unsatisfactory basis. For participants who are taking the seminar for academic credit, grading will be based on the student's presentation (25% of the grade) and his or her participation during the other sessions (75% of the grade). The importance of attendance cannot be overemphasized. Please notify us if you are unable to attend because of professional responsibilities, travel or illness.

TO ENROLL

To apply for this course, please fill out and submit the application below. Course fees are covered by the Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics. The deadline for application is September 7, 2018. Only one application needs to be completed for all courses desired during the quarter.

The application is best completed using the latest version of Firefox, Chrome or Safari.

APPLICATION Information for how to pay ;
please read before applying